- Comes in picture in December 1989 as a hobby project by Guido van Rossum (a dutch mathematician), the creator of the Python programming language. However, the official release was in 1991.
- The name “python” was inspired from his most favourite and very famous tv show of the time.(Monty Python’s Flying Circus)
- BDFL of Python: He was the “Benevolent dictator for life” and step down by BDFL of Python in july 2018
His(Guido van Rossum’s) goals for Python:
- Very easy to code, yet powerful in competitors.
- Should be open source, available to all, contribution from all, dynamic and powerful community.
- High level language, comprehensible to all as plain English
- Applicable to day to day tasks, along with small functionalities.